FFC Cable (Flat Flexible Cable) is an increasingly popular and necessary type of cable in a world where technology is getting smaller and more compact. While “FFC” is a broad term that can be used to describe any cable that is flat and flexible, it usually describes the extremely thin, flat cables found in high-density electronics. Devices such as modern televisions, smartphones, and tablets all utilize FFCs. One of the measurements you might see when describing a flat flexible cable is “pitch”, but what exactly does that mean?
What is the Pitch on a FFC Cable?
The pitch is the distance measured between the center of one conductor to the center of the neighboring conductor on an FFC. Some of the common measurements you might see in relation to a cable’s pitch include 0.5mm, 1.0mm and 1.25mm, although custom cables can be made with variable pitch length. Custom pitch and multiple pitch flat flexible cables are available upon special request, and Quadrangle Products specializes in manufacturing custom cables for our clients.
Common Questions Related to Flat Flexible Cables
We get a lot of questions regarding FFC cable. Some of the common questions regarding flat flexible cables include:
- What are flat flexible cables and wires used for?
- What is the difference between flat flexible cables (FFC) and flexible printed circuits (FPC)?
- Are flat flexible cables more durable?
- What are flat flexible cables made of?
Information About Flat Flex Cable From Quadrangle
Quadrangle has over 100,000 individual FFCs in stock at any time, and we support rapid prototypes often done within a few days. Here are some of the specifics about the flat flex cable we manufacture at Quadrangle Products:
- Many stocked conductor counts (2-60)
- Typical lengths of 3, 6, 9 and 12 inches
- Custom and other lengths available
- Same side and opposite side contacts
- Tin plating and gold plating available
- Extension Kits available
- Shielding available
- 100% Customizable with low MOQ on custom parts (500PCS)
- We use UL & CSA approved components in all of our cable assemblies
Contact Quadrangle Products about Custom FFC Cable
Are you working on a project that requires you to use Flat Flexible Cables but aren’t sure exactly what you need? The cable experts at Quadrangle Products Inc. are available to answer any questions you might have and point you in the right direction. We offer 100% customizable FFC Cable for a wide variety of project types. Contact us today and check out our cable products page to see some of the models we offer.